Walk in Tub Features to Look For
The bathroom is the only place in the home that should be a guaranteed 100% privacy area. With that privacy, safety and durability becomes the only concern for our bathroom fixtures since we are often alone in the bathroom. Walk in tubs are the key to the privacy, dignity, and self reliance most people can enjoy, even with physical impairments.
Standard features in your walk in tub:
- 15” to 18” High and Comfortable Seat – meets the height accessibility guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- 2” to 6.5″ Walk in Tub door threshold height – makes walking in and out of your tub comfortable and safe.
- Anti-slip Floor – provides additional traction for safety against slipping on the slick surface of a walk in tub.
- Grab Bar – on outside of the walk in tub to offer assistance entering the tub.
- Side Rails – self assisting standing or sitting rails along the sides of the inside of the walk in tub.
- Durable Door (with water-tight seal) – has a long handle that is easy to reach from inside the tub and maneuver in the lock and unlock positions.
- Adjustable feet – for leveling the tub in your bathroom during installation.
Optional features of walk in bath tubs to consider:
- Hand Held Shower Head – allows you to remain seated while enjoying your shower.
- Multiple Water Jets – generates a whirlpool massaging sensation to relax sore muscles or alleviate stress.
- Air Jets – a heated or non-heated air stream that provides circulatory benefits and can be ordered in combination with the water jets.
- Dual Water & Air Jet System – get both jet systems listed above for maximum enjoyment. May not be available in smaller tub sizes due to space constraints.
- Quick Drain Pump – shorten the drain time of the bath water so you can exit the walk in tub faster