General Walk In Bathtub Information
Walk in Bathtubs were designed for people who cannot take a bath because of lack of accessibility, comfort, and safety. If you’re unsteady on your feet attempting to do to get into the bathtub or shower, a walk in bathtub is a great option for you.
As people age or our bodies physically can’t hold us up safely enough to enter the bathtub easily, bathing becomes a difficult and at times scary task. The action of sitting down in a bathtub or lifting our body up from the inside of the tub without the embarrassment of depending on somebody to assist you is why walk in bathtubs were created.
Here are several reasons to consider the purchase of a walk in tub:
- It is safer to enter and exit a walk in bathtub than a normal tub for everyone.
- Walk in bathtubs give independence to elderly and disabled bathers.
- Walk in bathtubs have comfortable built in seats so bathers don’t have to stand or lay down while bathing or showering.
- Some walk in bathtubs come equipped with water jets and/or air jets for added comfort and relaxation.
- Get a deeper soak than most standard bathtubs in a walk in bathtub.
- Walk in bathtubs allow seniors or disabled bathers to regain independence while bathing in a safer, more comfortable way.
- Due to the high demand of walk in bathtubs, they are mass produced and are more affordable than some standard tubs.